Many services exist out there that offer go give you access to your computer over the internet for free. GoToMyPC.com offers such services for a monthly fee. There are many services available that allow you to do this for free if you know how to use them.
- Microsofts offering that allows you to sync up to 2 GB of data to the internet and then to as many machines as you add to your mesh
- Along with the data sync you are also able to control each of the computers in your mesh from the mesh.com website effectively giving you access to your whole computer for free
- You have to have a windows live account to use this service but that is a small price to pay for free internet browser based remote desktop
- VNC (Virtual Network Computing)
- This is a server based product that you can install and configure to allow you to control your computer from any computer as long as it has a vnc viewer installed on it
- You will have to install the viewer on whatever computer you want to use as the client
- Remote Desktop (RDP, Terminal Services)
- This is only an availible option on Windows XP Pro\Vista Buisness\Ultimate\Win 7 Business\Ultimate but it is the fastest option if not the easiest to configure.
- You will need to setup your router appropriately